The Spark Solution is a book containing a two-week diet program that is designed to help dieters improve their health and lose weight.
Created by SparkPeople.com experts, Becky Hand R.D. and Stepfanie Romine, “The Spark Solution: A Complete Two Week Diet Program to Fast-Track Weight Loss and Total Body Health” is a weight loss book that promises to help those looking to lose weight, drop at least 5 pounds in two weeks, and help them keep the weight from coming back.
What Can you Expect from The Spark Solution Diet?
A product from one of the biggest weight loss communities on the web, the point of the book is to alter a dieter’s mindset. It changes common failures that occur in dieting by building on what is actually successful.
Essentially, the book provides dieters with a program that is 28 days long and is split up into 3 parts:
- 14-day Jumpstart – This concentrates on providing motivation and tips and tricks to help you create a lifestyle that is healthy.
- 14-day Let’s Get Started – This addresses fitness and meal preparation. In this section, dieters will also find workout schedules, as well as diet plans.
- Tools for Success – This last part integrates everything that the dieter has learned during the course of the past 28 days, so they can use it to achieve long-term success.
What Type of Foods are You Allowed?
While the book provides you with recipes that are easy to make, to give you a basic idea of the type of food that is promoted on this diet, each day you can expect to eat:
- Three to four servings of raw or cooked non-starchy vegetables.
- Two to three servings of fruit (fresh, frozen or canned).
- Five to six servings of whole grains and starchy vegetables combined.
- Protein incorporated with two to three servings of plant-based protein or lean, low-fat animal meat.
- Two servings of dairy and fats as part of a meal or in snacks.
How Much Should You Expect to Exercise?
Exercise is an important part of the Spark Solution Diet. Following this diet you can expect to engage in daily exercise. About 40 pages of the book is dedicated to fitness and includes pictures to show how certain exercises should be performed. There is also a workout “menu” that shows the number of calories different types of workouts burn as well as other sensible fitness guidance.
What are the Benefits?
- It is an affordable diet plan. The book is inexpensive and can be easily found and purchased online. For instance, at the time that this Spark Solution Diet review was written, the paperback cost $12.60 on Amazon. There was also hardcover, eBook and audiobook versions available.
- The plan concentrates on both eating habits and fitness.
- The book features recipes that are easy to make.
In addition to The Spark Solution book, the SparkPeople website is free to use and can be accessed at the user’s convenience.
Although SparkPeople.com is not a diet program, it does offer dieters customizable tools that help to track their progress and can provide them with a better understanding of their weight loss efforts. Also, there is an extensive range of information on the website that covers several topics. Information is provided by experts, as well as SparkPeople community members.
What are the Drawbacks?
- There is no guarantee that you will lose weight.
- The Spark Solution Diet plan is not for everyone and is not suitable for every lifestyle.
- This is a short-term weight loss diet program that only lasts for two weeks.
The information found in The Spark Solution is based on studies, as well as advice and principles from members and experts at SparkPeople.com. Its purpose is to help dieters achieve successful weight loss during the first two weeks of dieting, which is often considered to be the most critical time.
Although it is a short-term program, it is designed to help dieters achieve long-term results. That said, the book states that noticeable weight loss is achieved within 2-weeks, but there is no guarantee that this will happen.
Always remember that it’s always a good idea to consult with your healthcare provider regarding your plans to change your diet or lifestyle if you would like to lose weight. Your doctor can help you come up with a strategy that best suits your current state of health, lifestyle and weight management goals.